We all know how social media have changed the way we communicate and connect with others today. That said, companies saw its potential to expand its reach and service their customers—especially that most customers are mobile and prefer online interaction.
According to a study by Nielsen, 33% of users prefer to contact brands using social media than the telephone. In this case, contact centers find this as a great multi-channel customer support strategy.
Here are reasons why contact centers are using social media now:
- Contact centers can now cater to customers’ concerns faster and in real time.
- It provides a proactive approach to assisting customers’ inquiries and feedback.
- Having dedicated social media agents in the contact centers allow a more efficient communication with your clients, since they are trained with the right knowledge in terms of handling social media.
- Social media allows companies identify their customers’ preferences, which in turn help contact centers in analyzing and using the customer data gathered.
- Monitoring of customers’ issues is more manageable with social media.
- There is less intimidation and frustration in the customer’s part when they communicate their concerns to the contact centers via social media. It also gives your customers liberty to connect with you on platforms they prefer such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Addressing problems and providing resolutions via social media can create an accessible resource for other customers to refer to and in some cases, equip them to handle some issues themselves.
- Contact centers can immediately reverse any negative feedback more easily with social media.
- Social media is a great platform to enhance customer engagement and establish customer relationships.
- Incorporating social media applications provide mobility and simple user-interface for customers which increase the chances of solving customers’ issues at first contact.
The key here is that, with the contact center using social media, the company’s inbound call center support quality heightens and streamlines all online customer interactions into one touch point that can be immediately attended to in real time.
Communications between clients and businesses have become much easier through the development of social media networks. With our in-depth knowledge on the processes included in social media, you can earn not only successful transactions, but a more precise system of monitoring and managing of online campaigns, stronger brand loyalty, and generally an improved customer engagement, among others. Learn more!