Thriving in the world of business today is a Herculean task for many small to large business organizations due to the stiff competition in their respective industries. From retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and technology, these industries are saturated with business organizations in stiff competition with each other. For any organization in any industry to thrive, it must follow a blueprint of success where consumers must become an obsession. With many organizations investing resources in transforming digitally, now is the time where practically any business organization has the tools to provide their customers with the best experience possible. For organizations wondering how to deliver customer satisfaction successfully in the digital age, here are 5 key factors to consider.
How well do you Know Your Consumers?
As most organizations that sell products and services are making the shift to digital transformation, it is now conventional practice to enhance customer experience. Enhancing this experience will depend on how an organization understands its customers. Understanding the needs and wants of your consumers may require journey mapping, which is current-state documentation of a customer journey. Here are 4 steps your organization can initiate journey mapping:
- Establish a Direction. The first phase of journey mapping is establishing a team within your organization that will perform the mapping initiation. Once created, your team can determine the scope of whose journey to map and what journey to map.
- Research Internally. With the duration that your organization has been operating, it may have collected knowledge and experience about your consumers found in various departments. Use this information to investigate and create a formula for assumption.
- Research Externally. The next phase involves external qualitative research that requires capturing insights from your website, email marketing, social media, and other online accounts.
- Mapping. The final phase is where internal and external research come together to create an accurate depiction of your customer’s current-state journey. From here, the information may give you enough insights about what your average consumer needs and wants.
Have you established an Integrated Customer Experience Platform?
As most of your consumers use multiple mobile devices to communicate with your organization, it is essential to initiate excellent individual experiences across each mobile platform. It is also extremely crucial to enhance experiences across every digital channel. These channels include:
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Marketing Automation
- Customer Relation Management (CRM)
Are you Delivering Contextual Experience?
Delivering a contextual experience entails facilitating a digital experience for your consumer where the experience is so excellent that they end up purchasing more products and requesting more services. To create an excellent digital experience involves many key practices. These include:
- Knowing Your Consumers. This entails capturing the digital footprints that your customers leave behind when visiting your website and other online pages.
- Segmenting Your Consumers. This is achieved by capturing information from 3rd party providers which is relevant to your consumers.
- Personalize Engagements. Through the digital footprints and 3rd part provider information you capture, you may now deliver customized experiences to consumers that make them feel treated as individuals as opposed to entities.
- Reach Consumers on all Platforms. In order to reach your consumers on all platforms, your organization must have its own mobile applications, websites, social media, and every other type of online presence.
Does your Organization have Multi-Channel Content Marketing?
Multi-channel content marketing is developing a better understanding for your consumers by creating an integrated customer experience platform where you reach your customers wherever they are and deliver good customer experience. This key factor requires that your organization is able to create content and publish it on all channels such as your website, email service, social media pages, and mobile applications among others.
How is your Organization Simplifying Customer Satisfaction Digitally?
The final key factor is simplification, which is your organization’s ability to provide relevant content to your consumers in a simplified manner via your mobile application, website, and social media pages. It also entails optimizing your mobile platforms in a manner that your consumers find it easy to order products, request services, and get content.
Before business organizations launch their newer projects for products and services, they must first take the time to create the best customer experience strategy that will ensure optimal customer satisfaction. With these 5 key factors, your organization will develop a strong foundation on how to deliver customer satisfaction in the digital era.
If you need help with this aspect, don’t hesitate to contact us here.