Listening to customers gush about their experience with great service is something that never gets old. We love to be inspired by brands that go above and beyond their customer service delivery, which leaves a lasting mark not only to the customers who were recipients of it but in the business industry as well.
No matter how long it has been, the effect of great customer service stories still makes our heart melt and our eyes shed happy tears. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Watch how happy this boy with Asperger’s Syndrome became after receiving an amazing customer service from Lego.
- Bungie Studios created a wonderful Christmas memory for one boy who was going to have a liver transplant that left him and his family forever grateful.
- The record-breaking customer service phone call by a Zappos representative that had customer happily buying a pair of Ugg boots.
- Ritz-Carlton Bali customer service went as far as Singapore to provide stellar service to a boy with food allergy.
So what can we take away from these tales of remarkable customer service? Here are three lessons to help you create an unforgettable and swell customer experience for your clients:
- Remember details. These brands took note of their customers’ special conditions and made sure they provide service that caters to their needs as well as extend themselves to make it more convenient and memorable for the customer and their families. Taking note of details show that you are mindful of your customers even to the minute things.
- Quality interaction. There is really meaningful interaction that happened between the customer service representatives and the customers. Be it through phone, email or a hand-written letter—the brands really engaged with their customers and established good connection with them. They made sure that their interaction is personal and intentional which left their customers’ feeling valued and truly cared for.
- Willing to make exceptions. Going the “extra-mile” has always reaped amazing benefits to companies who does them with good cheer. There are instances where you just have to make an exception “this-one-time,” to be able to deliver quality customer service that will really assist your customer. Empower your customer service reps to discern when to apply these exceptions; however you can never go wrong with establishing a culture of giving more than what is expected to your customers.
There you have it—the top 3 lessons that all customer service providers should remember when they are assisting their clients. When you do these every time you deal with a customer, it won’t be long before your brand becomes one of these stories that will be featured for delivering exceptional customer service that will leave us changed forever.
Nowadays, the traditional landline phone customer service that businesses have may not serve your customers well—considering that we’re living in the technology era. Having customer support in other types of network such as through online and mobile are some of the customer assistance services we have, which can take your entire customer service to a whole new level. Learn more!